Discover the world playfully!
First and foremost we want to create an environment in which the children feel comfortable and like coming to kinder house. Such an environment allows children to develop freelyand to discover the world for themselves. The following elements are essential:
- Fulfilling the children’s basic needs (clean diaper, not being hungry or thirsty, etc.)
- Ensuring a loving environment
- Offering interesting daily routines
- Building a good relationship between children and teachers
- Building a good relationship between parents and teachers
- Ensuring a good relationship between the children
- Creating and maintaining a cozy, child-friendly, and clean premises
We see children as competent little people whom we support in gathering their own experiences. Sometimes this means that they need to explore all by themselves. When a child discovers new things, succeeds or fails, whatever the child learns sticks with them and will lead them to become better problem solvers.
I hear and I forget.
I see and I remember.
I do and I understand.”
Since every child is an individual with their own interests, strengths and own pace, we find it very important to address each individual’s needs separately.
However, one should not underestimate the importance of the group, since it helps children develop social skills (e.g. self-confidence, tolerance, empathy, etc.) and learn from other children.
Free-play offers the opportunity to acquire many of these attributes, is fun, and encourages creativity. Here the children can test and expand their own limits.